Friday, July 28, 2006

July 26th ...

had a call from Wes by 830a, returning my call from the night before. It turns out that it wasn't Marty that made the holes in the pool, but him. That being case, he installed the jets where he always installs the jets and never confirmed anything with me.

In his defense and in my mistake, I never identified clearly in the sales drawings where I wanted the jets. Oh well, lesson learned. As he said, not much we can do. In the end, I'm sure it will be alright.

Wes told me that Marty would be around later in the day.

Marty and his helper showed up later in the morning to start plumbing. You could tell that he had done this before and wa very quick about what he was doing. Again, he mentioned that since this was new to him, he was relying on others to provide the information needed on how to do certain things. He didn't install the skimmer, because he had never done one. To install the jets in the pool, he called someone to find out where the supplied gaskets went. As he put it, lucky he did, as they told him to throw the gaskets away and just caulk around the fittings.

Marty ran out of material in about 3 hrs and was going to come back the next day to finish up.

He asked where the safety fence was, I told him I didn't know what he was talking about. He explained that there needed to be an "orange" fence around the entire pool construction to protect the kids from falling in. He went on to say, that if the fence wasn't there no one could do inspections. I asked if I should call Wes, and he said, not to bother, as he would bring it on the next day.

He explained that he would complete the plumbing to a manifold, so that he could pressurize the system and test for leaks, then we would get an inspection. While this was going on, he could do the rest of the plumbing to the pool pump and filter.

Good progress and about 3 hours of work.

No comments: