Monday, July 09, 2007

Here we go again ... this time, major construction.
Well, I'm going to try to keep this on a frequent basis, to show the progress (and I hope lots of it), on our new project.
We have decided to "upgrade" to hacienda 2.0 ... Ok, we want to add a new playroom, an office and an outdoor covered sitting area. At the same time, we will do some maintenance on the house and replace the windows with more energy efficient and hurricane proof ones.
Today marked day 1, well, Day 1 with construction. Plans are drawn (will post later), permits are pulled, contractor is ready. Today was demolition day.
They tore up the old patio deck, cleared the grass and ripped up a bunch of old bushes from the garage side.
Since construction will take 4-6 months, we will need somewhere to sit outside, so you see my layout for a temporary wood deck. I will try to make this over the next couple of days from what I had leftover from my hurricane shutters.

No comments: