Monday, July 16, 2007

Taking shape ...

They came over the weekend to do some further painting on the house. We are using the same colors as before, so the house will be bright white and the shutters will remain the same blue. They have done one coat on the house, and are now doing the "detailing". This means, all holes, scratches, gouges, etc ... They have painted the doors as well ... it really is looking so much nicer.

I spent most of Sunday building the temporary deck. Wow, makes you appreciate the manual labor part. In total I probably did about 3 hrs of work, it took me 8 to accomplish that though. I've got the "framing" done, so all that is left is to nail the boards on top ... oh yeah, I have to cut them to size first.

They also started laying out the footers today. The plan is to have footers this week, and possibly start on the slab front.

So far, I am very pleased as to the progress. It was nice to see 8+ people here today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your temporary deck looks very good. I don't know how you can work in the hot sun. You need Charlie there to help!!!! The windows also look fab. It's brilliant to be able to watch the progress. It sounds like they are more efficient than the pool people!!