Monday, August 27, 2007

A walk on the new roof ...

Great progress again today, lots of guys here, always the same, which to me is a great sign. They all say good morning and don't seem to mind me just standing and watching (I probably would ).

More of the roof got done today, and I climbed up at the end of the day to take pictures. I think the whole thing will look really nice.

I have to say ... I really like the fact that at the end of each day, they clean up the work site and tidy everything. It doesn't look like they just heard the buzzer and went home.

Oh yeah, had another run-in with the raccoon last night. We know that there are at least 2 left from the "gang" that terrorized us. At around 1030 we heard a trash can fall. Let me point out that it was full and had a construction block on top of it. We step out to look ... the raccoon, was 12 ft away, he'd push the block off the top, and then pushed the can over. He stared at us, like saying "what do you want" ... I yelled, he looked, I yelled more, he looked more ... I did the yell/charge ... he ran off, well about 80 ft away. I started to pickup the can and trash, he started walking towards me. I yelled again, he looked. I put the block back on ... he was gone.

They got the trash today ... so I don't expect a visit tonight ...

No comments: